Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Abyss

Here I am... 2000 feet above the earth on a cliff. A cliff from where I may end up, losing everything. A cliff which possibly could become my final destination. The cordial climate here is making me remember my friends whose presence in my life made everything possible, everything easy. Who slowly became an eternal part of my life. But they never made me realize that the road I was walking on, would lead me where I am now. The gentle touch of this cold and yet strangely comforting wind makes me remember the pleasure of your touch, the touch that I once believed would caress me forever. But you were determined and destined not to be with me anymore. The vague sound of the night is making me remember my passion - my music, my guitar, which has always been my best friend since I was born. But this beautiful relation with the most beautiful thing in the world was again destined to break someday, and so it did. The half visible moon on the sky is making me remember the night I made my decision to choose engineering as my career. Later I became sick of imagining machines and their parts. I became frustrated of the new books every semester I was supposed to mug up. I was discouraged by the 40 exams I was supposed to give in every four months. And In the end I was disheartened on leaving college without any job. So here I am... Finally knowing what is my next step, which would take me down, back to the earth within a few blinks of my eyes. And before raising my foot off the rock, I remember my mom and dad, who have always loved in spite of all my mistakes, whose sole aim was to see me as a successful human being. But I shattered their dream. Mom, I know it would be very hard for you to accept this, but I can't take the burden of this motiveless life anymore, and can't become a burden on you as well. And finally before I fly in air, I want to wait for someone's voice, 'Please come back for me.' But here I am... moving freely under gravity. No signal to stop me, no border to confine my movements, swinging to the force of the winds, here I am, saying my last good-bye....

10 comments:

  1. acha hai..... but u hav gone in2 2 many things, and the real reason of the distressed individual fails 2 create an impact

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I guess this was the reason to take this flight, failure in every step taken by that guy.So i needed to describe everything...

    ReplyDelete
  3. saale mene bhi yahi sab kahaan tha jab first year me main daman me peeke pada tha,lekin ab aisa kuch nahi hai,don't feel frustrated bhai,life must be having some wonderful surprises for u in near future,aur surprises achche hi honge so take light chill out,by the way ye jo bhi hai BOHOT SAHI LIKHA HAI keep it up... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. acha hai.............good way of expressing your feelings

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ruhi and Anusha: Thanks a lot.:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. good work..
    but a little shallow..
    no impact made whatsoever

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Anupam: Thanks dude...
    Priyanshu:That is surely going to improve my next posts...:)

    ReplyDelete