Friday, February 12, 2010

A mask...

It was a time when I felt happy,
Whenever they smiled...
I felt pain whenever their eyes were moist.
But in the end I was left unaided.
When I divined their fretfulness,
and scuffled with it...
I discovered in them... The reason of my being.
But I was anomalous to wipe their tears.
My words were vituperative to console them...
My feelings were inconspicuous and I was inconstant.

Then one day, I wore a mask.
That could change the expressions of my face as required.
Now my face is happy when they are...
But my heart is never contented to see them smiling.
My face is sad when they are distressed.
But i never try to alleviate their grieves.
I have learned to make deals with their emotions,
steer clear of their feelings...

Now they say that I have an amiable personality.
But I know that I have an adverse soul.
They say that I have learned to live like a human,
but I know that the human inside me is dead.

8 comments:

  1. 'Then one day, I wore a mask.'

    nice line

    ReplyDelete
  2. abe poet kab sa ban gaya yaar ...............ye kiske baat kar raha ha poem me kahi tu alien toh nhi ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice one...

    best lines...
    They say that I have learned to live like a human,
    but I know that the human inside me is dead.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. its a very true poem, a realistic poem....
    u have very good skill of writing a poem....
    tu to poet bhi hae yaar

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well this is not Sumitabh, whoever this is, FUCK U!!!!!

    ReplyDelete