Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Who I am...

It was on 22nd february 1990 when I opened my eyes for the first time. Many eyes were staring at me, warmly welcoming me to this new world. Many lips kissing my forehead, many blissful touches on my soft cheeks. like I was some angel sent by god to cure their pains.
Then like every other kid, I joined some public school for my primary studies. My hard work made me score good marks. All my wishes were anyhow fulfilled by my mom and dad. All my mischief was forgiven with a dialogue, 'Leave him. he's a child...' Everyone loved me, as I was the 10th avatar of Lord Vishnu.
Then after thinking a lot about my career, I decided to give the entrance exam for IIT's and NIT's. And again, my luck mixed with my efforts got me a decent rank followed by a good college.
In my college life, I became a rockstar, a good friend, a scholar, a dedicated boy friend, and last but not the least, an engineer to work with.
Finally I got placed in a government company with a lucrative package. I felt like being on the top of the world. An ideal wife, a flat to live in, an expensive car, and my children born with silver spoon living the way they wanted. What else would I ask for?I thought the purpose to be, is achieved.

30 years later....

I am lying on my bed, with half of my body paralyzed. My children who were working as managers and chairmen in USA and UK, kept sending me the money. Suddenly I realized something. I asked my self who am I? Am I an angel? Am I the 10th avatar of Lord Vishnu? Am I a rock star, or an engineer? What did I achieve in my life? A beautiful wife? An expensive flat and a car? Does anyone in this world know my name?
While I was waiting for the death to come, my mind rummaged the answers to these questions.
The world knows me as a common man. Every achievement of mine is so common. I still remember a small quote written on the wall of a temple I used to visit in my childhood days, 'Life is to discover who you are... Why have you been sent to this world.' Am I a stupid common man? Have I been sent to this world to just to earn money, eat, drink, sleep, and end up like this?
I was still wondering who am I... As I felt if someone yanked me. And suddenly I found my hands and feet tied with heavy chains of iron, and someone pulling me through them. When I turned back I saw that my body was still lying there where I was, and the monster of death was dragging me to the hell....

I lived so common and I died so common... But my question will keep vibrating in the universe un-till each and every common man finds the answer to it.

2 comments:

  1. good one yaar...keep blogging...learning lot from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so great of you... I think I don't deserve this one... Thanks a lot...

    ReplyDelete