Friday, May 21, 2010

Seems like it was yesterday when I and Ravi were standing in a line and waiting for our no. to be called out. It was the day of room allocation in our new hostel for second year. And like day before yesterday, when I was weeping in my room, and some of my friends, Anup, Saransh, Saurabh,etc. came to console me, as that was the first day in college and I was missing home. And like a few moments ago when we were busy with the preparations for our end semester exams. And a moment ago, when I, Anupam, and Somak were celebrating the end of exams in SNS (mind you, the celebration was only for the joy of the exams getting over, doesn't matter how they went).
A long journey of two years ended almost with a few blink of eyes. I am still quizzing myself, 'Really? Am I 50 percent engineer now???' Right now my feelings are a bit of thrill and a bit of fear. Thrill because half of my engineering is completed. And fear, because half of the golden period of my life is completed. In all the bitter experiences I had in my life till now, the best one was my training, though I withdrew with it in 10 days, but it made me know that life after this college sucks. There was a newly employed engineer in the company, from NIT Warangal, who, from nowhere seemed to be a college guy. Busy with a computer system with the preparations for the weekly presentations, having no time even to smile. Whether MBA or B.Tech, the fate of all of us is going to be the same. Like a great poet has said:

कुछ लम्हे किस्मत फिर कभी नहीं दोहराती है,
कुछ चेहरों की बस एक तस्वीर साथ रह जाती है,
कुछ हंसी, कुछ आवाजें, कुछ मुस्कुराहतें,
बस याद बन कर ज़हन में पल जाती हैं.

वक़्त गुज़रता है और उन तस्वीरों पे धुल सी लग जाती है,
उन लम्हों की जुस्तजू भीड़ में कहीं खो जाती है,
वो चेहरे वो आवाजें, धुन्द्ली पड़ जाती हैं,
फिर एक रात के साथ सारी यादें ढल जाती हैं.

फिर नयी सुबह क साथ ज़िन्दगी नयी रफ़्तार पकडती है...
फिर भीड़ में चलती है धुप से लडती है.
पर बीती घड़ियाँ किसी कोने में आज भी चुभती हैं,
और कुछ हसरतें दिल के दामन में ही जल जाती हैं...

Oh yes, your guess is absolutely correct. The great poet is Saurabh Lalwani... But anyways true...... And we all have to manage at that time anyway. So let's live the two remaining two years of our college life to the full....

1 comment: