Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I miss those ten days...


Sounds like a romantic period of time spent with my loved one that I miss...
Sorry but there's nothing like that in my "Those ten days". In fact this is my examination period that I miss.

Confused? Of course not if you have ever experienced hostel life in a college. So I m going to tell my experience of ten days, six exams.

First day: First day spends in assembling of the inexorable course (and reassembling of the subjects as well), along with deploring for past 3 months and 20 days.

Second day: The second day, we probe the course with full probity. By this time my soul abuses me and abases towards god. As this is the time to defray the past.


Third day: This day spends in searching any one thing in any one subject, that could raise my confidence level, and of course I don't get any. The continuously escalating syllabus leads to a frustration, to get rid of which we watch a movie - Like last time we saw 'Mera pehla pehla pyar' - while we know that such kind of movies provide another frustration, than exams. Finally, we go too bed at 4:00 am; then how the hell can I wake up before 12 noon, as exams bring sleeping sickness along.

Fourth day: Morning is gone! A dizzy work starts afternoon after lunch. Evening spends in the green college campus to relax eyes, and canteen for a tea-biscuit, and soon we find that it is 9:00 pm, after dinner. We see the demon of syllabus deriding us! Then with all our might, we accept it's challenge. The battle continues whole night, and we make it half-an-hour before the exams.

Fifth-Sixth-Seventh-eighth-ninth day: These days spend similarly. After expelling the ocean of knowledge from a small brain to the answer sheet, at our own peril we discuss the question paper with our friends, then finally with perforated confidence we move back to hostel, without forgetting to have an Amul cool from the canteen.
Then afternoon siesta (err, afternoon sleep) of 5-6 hours (plus one hour for convalescence after sleeping), again a round in the college campus, a tea-biscuit in canteen, and a beginning from zero, the hardest mental excercise ever done before. An experience of watching the scenario from darkness to the first ray of light, to morning.

Ninth day: We know that tomorrow is our last exam. So rather than being tensed for the preparation of exam, we are excited for the holidays waiting on the other side of this exam.
Mentally planning for holidays, physically indulged in studies, with hips and hops in between on the tunes of Honey Singh, to bring the frustration level down; brings to the last exam.

Tenth day: Last exam was as expected- spoiled. But no worries at all, because the thrill of the coming moments was continuously inflating me to the seventh sky. A hundred of stories about 'I and my hostel life' were waiting to be shared with Mom-Dad, bro, sis, and friends over there.
Lunch in canteen, then idle sleepless afternoon, evening again in canteen, then dinner outside.
Then watching movies on Laptop with mates, and finally a tired bed, with all the missing memories of the night-outs, after noon sleeps, and the hardest study ever done before.......

1 comment:

  1. Elaborative account for mere 10 days!
    Crafty piece of work....
    I always get jitters for the exams..

    ReplyDelete